Ministerial Responsibilities within the Treasury Portfolio
Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the following areas:
- Design of law and regulations and its implementation in relation to corporate governance, insolvency, accounting, audit regulations.
- Administration of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and representation on the Ministerial Council for Corporations.
- Ministerial responsibility for achieving government objectives in regard to financial literacy in raising public awareness and fostering initiatives that will build the capacity of Australians to make better decisions about their money.
- Representational duties, correspondence and administrative matters in general portfolio matters as referred by the Treasurer.
- The Housing Loans Insurance Corporation (HLIC).
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
- The Royal Australian Mint including currency and coinage.