14 December 2011 - 5 March 2012
Ministerial Responsibilities within the Treasury Portfolio
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the following areas:
- Design of taxation law as delegated by the Treasurer.
- Administration of taxation laws and administrative matters relating to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Taxation proposals in relation to compliance.
- Taxation and regulation of the not-for-profit sector (including administrative issues relating to the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission).
- Dealing with individual cases other than major and/or sensitive cases.
- Oversight of the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).
- Representational duties, correspondence and administrative matters in general portfolio matters as referred by the Treasurer.
- Represent the Treasurer in Senate Estimates in relation to taxation matters.
- The Housing Loans Insurance Corporation (HLIC).
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
- The Royal Australian Mint including currency and coinage.
- The Board of Taxation.
- Productivity Commission (PC).